Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove or reduce risks to as low as practicably possible to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
The objectives of our Policy are:
- To comply with relevant State Legislation, local council requirements, codes of practice, standards and guidelines.
- Develop measurable objectives and targets which will help to eliminate workplace incidents from our activities.
- To maintain full compliance with ASNZS 4801.
How the Objectives will be achieved:
- Work Health and safety will:
- Be an integral part of every managerial and supervisory decision.
- Be considered in all planning and work activities.
- Regular consultation with the work force and relevant stakeholders about decisions made regarding Work Health and safety.
- Implement programs of education and learning to ensure optimum safety and environmental understanding and outcomes.
- Identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis of our work processes.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are reported, investigated, controlled and prevention strategies implemented.
- Provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all workers.
- Continual review of HSE system elements for compliance with current legislation and AS4801 requirements.
- Ensuring that open communication exists between management and all workers.
- Understanding and documenting the total work process, associated HSE risks and our legal and other obligations.
Ford Brothers Fencing shall provide the time and resources necessary to implement this policy and shall develop, implement and review its objectives, targets, plans and procedures to continually improve workplace health and safety.